Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The First Moment of Enlightenment

So I am guessing a lot of you reading this might think that due to the name of this blog that I am gonna write about how I have "seen the light" or spoken to God or something. Don't worry, I wont be writing much about that. No I was ultimately inspired to do this because I have always liked free writing and this is a great way to do so. Not to mention it seems to be all the rage on the virtual "runway" and "all the cool kids are doing it". Haha.

For all of my friends, or even just people that have talked to me much, you know I am totally random. I fully expect this blog to be random, maybe even somewhat eclectic. But hey, that makes for better reading, right? I am gonna stick with yes on that one.

So here, in this First Moment of Enlightenment, I would like to clear the air and talk about the current events in my life that have unfolded to me having a strong urge to start a blog. Granted, this isn't my first ever blog (I tried to start one earlier this year) but I think this time I might actually keep with it. Nevermind the constant reminder of having it posted on my Facebook homepage. But really, I feel like my life has more direction now and with that new found direction, more topics to write about in my blog. Its a win-win situation, new direction and blog topics!

Ok, so lets start from the beginning. So my mom and dad they fell in love right.....Oh no wait, thats a lil too far. Lol. (Lame and totally off subject but oh well, its my blog and I can write what I want!) Well the more important beginning is that when I started up at the Art Institute, my parents and I had an agreement that I would make school my #1 priority and that meant that I wouldn't be allowed to get below a B in my classes. So for a while that was working, but like we were trying to prevent, I slacked off and started to hang out with friends and lounge around more than do homework. This caused my grades to slip and the parents to lash out (my parents are very strict and some would say controlling). The punishment was along the lines of I need to get my act in gear, get a plan in place or else I would be forced to drop out.

This black and white agreement snapped me not only back to my original standing point when I started at AIS, but has given me a whole new look on my school career and life choices. Sadly, to put it bluntly, it made me wake up and accept the reality that I am no longer a child, but an adult and I need to start acting like it.

For those concerned about the outcome of my school future, I have a rough plan in place but more importantly the mind set that is needed to follow thru with it and to do these things because I want to, not because my parents want me to.


These bits of Enlightenment Brought to You By:

The Once Foolish Now Enlightened....... EMILY*



*I don't believe I am "holier than thou" I just really like how Enlightened starts with E, its my fav letter



No comments:

Post a Comment