So its the second post, and not many hits yet. So sad. Oh well, takes time I guess. Today's topic is my constant habit of staying up late. Like right now its Midnight, and its not even unusual for me to be up this late. I just don't get it. I get tired in the middle of the day a lot, and then later in the evening, like 8 o'clock, I just perk up. Its like I am meant to stay up late. I really don't get it. Its not like I can live off of no sleep tho. I sleep a lot! I seriously sleep in til 11 at least on the weekends or when I have nothing in the morning. It is not uncommon for me to sleep 12 hours if I get the chance. But its always between 12am and 12pm, sometimes later. Its like my internal clock is off from everyone else's by like 4 hours.
It really gets to be a problem during the week when I have to get up and go to school, since I don't get much sleep at night. Then, when I get home, I am often wiped out and take a nap for a few hours. Then of course this feeds on my not wanting to go to bed early. Its a vicious circle!! Right now, one of my personal goals is to go to bed by 11 each night. Its a great goal. I would get enough sleep each night. But as you can guess by what time it is when I am writing this, it is not going too well. I just cant bring myself to get to bed early. I have an alarm on my phone to start getting ready for bed even. But I guess I don't have the self discipline to tell myself, "Emily, stop what you are doing and go to bed NOW!" It usually comes out, "ok after this last post on your friend's facebook, let's go to bed" which turns out to be not the final task before I actually go to bed.
You would think for a person who loves to sleep so much, it wouldn't be so hard for me to actually go to bed.
Its probably a combination of procrastination, ease of being distracted, and that dang Facebook that get me so sidetracked at night that I stay up for way longer than I had planned to go to bed. I think I need an outside form of discipline to help me get on track. Like a drill sergeant, just for bed time (i wouldn't mind a few good workouts either, lol). Or all power goes out on my electronics (computer mainly) at 10:30 so that I go get ready at that time.
Well until I get some self discipline or just loose my need for sleep, I don't think I will meet my goal. And you probably will find me on facebook late at night. If so, just tell me to go to bed, you have my permission. If I give you any crap, just tell me that you are the Drill Sergeant.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Emily,
ReplyDeleteSome people are just wired differently. Debbie is a night person, as well. I hit the wall around 10 pm, but she starts getting her second wind after that. I pop awake around 6 am naturally, but I am lucky to drag her out of bed before 10 am.
Some of it is genetic, I'm thinking. You can manage it if you stop drinking caffienated beverages after like 5 pm, for example.
Good luck! :)
Keith